Of course! The room prices include a large breakfast buffet. The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but it does have a café open day and night (until midnight) where you can order small snacks and light meals.
Breakfast is one of the highlights at Hotel Villa Rioddi. The lavish buffet includes hot and cold dishes, ranging from sweet to savoury. Our buffet varies according to the season and the availability of the producers, but we always try to offer a good variety to please all tastes. Our guests can expect the following in our sweet selection:
- various types of cakes. Many of the cakes are homemade, with jam made
from our fruit, such as our delicious jam tarts. Our cakes change all the time, so if you want to try them all, you have to come back often! A must (when it is available) is the cheesecake, tiramisu and the chocolate cake;
different types of pastries and croissants with chocolate or jam, all scrumptious;
- various types of yoghurt;
- fruit juice (orange, ACE);
- bread (also with grains or walnuts) with various jams, made by the hostess, from the more classic ones made with peaches, plums and apples, to fig jam, prepared with fruit from our untreated garden.
For people who love a savoury breakfast:
- express eggs (cooked to your preference, prepared while you wait, scrambled, hard boiled, fried);
- pork-based cold cuts (capocollo, cooked ham and prosciutto, salami);
- some wild boar (wild boar salami, sausages and soppressata), cinta senese pork and roe deer specialities, etc.;
- seasoned and fresh cheeses (some types of pecorino cheese, including
some very special ones prepared with raw milk) to be accompanied with a selection of jams and mustards (the most indulgent is made with onion or balsamic vinegar and chocolate);
- crostini made with toasted bread with tomatoes, cinta senese pork or wild boar.
- bresaola with arugula and Grana Padano cheese;
- savoury vegetable pies;
- panzanella (a dish prepared with bread, tomatoes and cucumber).
At the café, guests can order espresso coffee, maxi cappuccino, served in a large cup, latte macchiato, tea, hot chocolate or American coffee.
Our products are all locally produced with zero food miles: we love selecting local Tuscan producers from the Volterra area. The charcuterie, for example, comes from master Norcino pork butchers.
In summer, our guests can eat on the cool terrace overlooking the swimming pool and the surrounding countryside. When it is cooler, breakfast is served on the ground floor of the hotel, in a beautiful rustic stone room.